20 tips to write a good blog article
- 4 May 2012
- Airsquare System
- Create a captivating/appealing title.
- Be honest.
- Plan your article.
- Write it in stages.
- Don't waffle.
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short.
- Use paragraphs and sub headings to make reading/scanning easier. Even in short posts.
- Use bullet lists.
- Include photos/videos.
- Write sub headings that catch the eye when skimming.
- Link to related articles/websites and any resources you've referenced.
- Promote discussion and try and get your users involved (through comments).
- Don't always write about yourself or company.
- Be helpful and informative.
- Don't take yourself too seriously. Keep your sense of humour.
- Stay on topic.
- Don't try and cover everything in one post, split it up into a few articles.
- Be clear and easy to understand, remembering some readers may not be in your industry/space.
- Proof read, spell check and trim before publishing!
- Read your post out loud, and edit any tongue twisters.
Share this post
Leave a comment